The West Mall Oldtimers Hockey League Inc. is a non-profit organization which operates a Sunday recreational league at Centennial Arena in Etobicoke, ON for players 35 years of age and older. The emphasis of our league is on enjoyment and exercise, stressing safe play over competitiveness. That’s why it’s considered one of the premier Oldtimer leagues in the Greater Toronto Area. If you’re an adult player seeking a more rewarding hockey experience, our league lets you enjoy the game the way it’s meant to be played. Consider these advantages:
FOUR AGE DIVISIONS:
- You’ll play against players in a similar age bracket. There are four divisions, each with 4 teams: Bronze(average age 51); Silver (average age 56); Gold (average age 61); and Platinum (average age 67).
- The schedule runs from mid-September to the end of March, featuring 26 games, including a double round-robin tournament to decide the division champion.
- Games consist of 2 23-minute running time periods officiated by two referees who enforce CARHA (Canadian Adult Recreation Hockey Association) rules.
- The League is much less expensive than comparable adult leagues in the city, offering more ice time at less cost.
- Free sweaters and socks are supplied.
EVENLY MATCHED TEAMS
- Players are assigned to their respective teams through a division draft. The teams are re-balanced after a few weeks (if necessary) to ensure full parity and maximum satisfaction.
- Games are played on Sunday afternoons and evenings. Each division rotates through the various time slots, with the earliest game being at 2:30 PM and the latest at 9:30 PM.